ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Looking for Video shatter fx, particle fx ,title fx plug ins for After Effects... templates available

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Klein
Looking for Video shatter fx, particle fx ,title fx plug ins for After Effects... templates available
on Mar 22, 2014 at 3:38:44 pm

I am looking for a plug in shatter effect to transition video. Ex: Image 1 shatters (particles)That fly of the screen and transition to Video Image 2.

I am unfamiliar with after effects and I hope to find something to plug in or a template to use. To create it myself in AE may take me days when I have a few minutes to dedicate to this...

I understand that I am at fault for not learning this program. I need a easy and fast solution.

There is so much software out there I am also confused as to what to buy, how to use it or if I need to by it. So I think the template is the way to go

Franky I do not even have the knowledge on how to use a pre created template or plug in effect.

I am also looking for an easy title animation templete plug in pre made effect file to use.

Any information and direction to products and tutorials would be would be greatly appreciated

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 on a IMAC 27, Intel core i5 2.7 GHz, 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3... MAC OSX 10.6.8 I have a 2 2 Terabyte external drives also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bruce

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Looking for Video shatter fx, particle fx ,title fx plug ins for After Effects... templates available
on Mar 22, 2014 at 5:43:53 pm

Sorry, but AE doesn't play nicely with quick 'n dirty solutions. The reason: there are too many basics to learn that will come back to kill you if you blow 'em off.

This is true even with AE templates: you'd probably want to change colors, typefaces, etc. and they almost always contain nested comps, and often expressions you must modify to get the look you want. If I lost you in the last sentence, you need to find an alternative.

I recommend asking this same question on the Premiere Pro forum. They may know of high-contrast animations that will do what you want.

Since you HAVE AE, it's good to use it. Just not yet. You need to put on the training wheels first. There are two free options: 1) look at Andrew Devis' fine series on AE basics here on the COW (don't worry if you don't have the same version as he uses) and 2) search on the Adobe web site for "getting started with After Effects". It's a fine conpendium of various training materials.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Looking for Video shatter fx, particle fx ,title fx plug ins for After Effects... templates available
on Mar 22, 2014 at 8:52:45 pm

I strongly recommend, Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, & CC).

But if you are painted in a corner, here is a very simple shatter transition project, all you need to do is put video in the "Image 1" comp. In the image 2 comp, you will put your second video, right click the layer, go to Time > Time Reverse Layer. Press End, the press the "]" so that the start of your clip is now at the end of the comp. Then render the "Shatter Transition" comp.

7278_shattertransitionfolder.zip

As far as logo transitions, there are pretty inexpensive templates you can purchase at; revostock,
video hive.net(one word), pond5, envanto.com

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Bruce Klein
on Mar 23, 2014 at 3:59:04 pm

John... Thanks for your reply. I am on a Mac and the file you were kind enough to send me is a Windows file...

ABK

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5 on a IMAC 27, Intel core i5 2.7 GHz, 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3... MAC OSX 10.6.8 I have a 2 2 Terabyte external drives also.

Bruce

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 23, 2014 at 4:17:38 pm

An AEP file will open on a Mac or a PC, are you on a version pre-CS6? Cause I can create a legacy version back to CS5.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Bruce Klein
on Mar 23, 2014 at 4:27:45 pm

CS 5.5 thanks. I still need to. Figure out how to even use a template.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 23, 2014 at 5:26:26 pm

Here you go. Just follow the instructions above and it will work for you.
7281_shattertransitioncs55.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Bruce Klein
on Mar 24, 2014 at 1:18:29 pm

Any chance you can send the file for CS 5.5?

Bruce

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 24, 2014 at 2:44:47 pm

I did, it was in the link above your last post, but here it is again: 7281_shattertransitioncs55.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]