ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Buggy Front viewport in AE CS6

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nikhil tanenquinBuggy Front viewport in AE CS6
by on Mar 20, 2014 at 4:10:28 am

Hi,

I have been using AE for 8 years and never came across anything like this. I have uploaded it to dropbox so you can take a look at it, It is a light download(150kb). So I stripped all the assets off and have just a few solids in there. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tilgekbckzczcp1/BuggyFrontViewport.aep

So here is the problem- When you open the AE file and look at the front viewport, you would notice that there is animation on the front viewport. There are no keyframes or any animation in the comp. But for the some mysterious reason in the front viewport you can see animation, none of the other viewports show animation. This is really bothering me, its not hindering my project in any way. But I thought this is the most bizarre thing I have seen and wondered if anyone has come across this.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Buggy Front viewport in AE CS6
by on Mar 20, 2014 at 2:34:56 pm

Start by purging the cache (Edit > Purge).

What exact version of After Effects? There have been a lot of fixes for caching bugs in the most recent updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

nikhil tanenquinRe: Buggy Front viewport in AE CS6
by on Mar 20, 2014 at 7:30:06 pm

It is CS 6 and the AE version is 11.0.0.378

Return to posts index

by on Mar 20, 2014 at 7:33:29 pm

You are four major bug-fix updates behind:
http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

nikhil tanenquinRe: Buggy Front viewport in AE CS6
by on Mar 20, 2014 at 7:54:58 pm

Hi Todd,

appreciate your input, I presume you have the latest version at your disposal. Were you able to download the aep file and did you have the same issue with it. Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Mar 20, 2014 at 10:45:35 pm

I don't have time to test with your file right now.

I very strongly recommend installing the bug-fix updates and seeing for yourself. There are many, many bugs fixed.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]