ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Zoom out of Monitor effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Navinder Singh
Zoom out of Monitor effect
on Mar 19, 2014 at 8:25:31 pm

Hi,

I am shooting a short this week and in that short, there is a flashback scene. As the scene happens, we zoom out to show that the scene is being played on a monitor while a character is watching that video.

How can I accomplish that? Should I just shoot blank monitor and add the video later on it? If I go that way, what would be the best way to accomplish it in After effects?

Any tutorials?

Return to posts index

Darwinius Berar
Re: Zoom out of Monitor effect
on Mar 19, 2014 at 8:56:11 pm

I think shoting the scene with blank monitor,then roto the screen in Mocha and track the roto shape, because the scale(and position if is not static camera) of roto shape changes and you need same scale change on your footage what comes there, go back to ae an use the track data from mocha and the roto as mask for the layer you need in place. Then some grading, noise and should be ok if are no other camera moves. Depending on the shot you could need some rotoscoping to do on the character to.

Return to posts index

Navinder Singh
on Mar 19, 2014 at 10:08:26 pm

The only camera movement will be the dolly out on the slider. The character is sitting far from the monitor and we won't be doing any OTS shot on him.

Return to posts index

Darwinius Berar
on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:01:14 pm

Then you should be ok with mocha 2D planar tracking.

some basic Pan Tilt Zoom tracking with mocha.

Return to posts index

Navinder Singh
on Mar 20, 2014 at 6:08:25 pm

Alright. My main concern is regarding the physical shoot itself. Where should we start the shot from? At the center of the screen or cover the whole screen and then dolly out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]