ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating a planar "curve"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele PoggiCreating a planar "curve"
by on Mar 19, 2014 at 10:54:42 am

Hiya guys. ;) First of all, SORRY for the topic title. It's the most amateurish and horribly "english is not my first language"-ish, the thing is..

I saw this video, and I know it is done in After Effects. I can't get to understand HOW that plane with the color lines is been done. It really gives depth, but it's not an angle, a 90°. Nope.. It's a curve, and I didn't know that was actually possible.

Maybe a Displacement map? Do you have any idea?

Curve Plane

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Creating a planar "curve"
by on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:50:47 am

Since it's a static shot it could just be flat art that was created to look in perspective and animated masks. However, with Free Form or FreeForm Pro you can bend a 2d plane in 3d space.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Barend OnneweerRe: Creating a planar "curve"
by on Mar 20, 2014 at 8:41:12 am

Actually, in AE CC you can switch the comp to raytraced render engine and bend layers in 3D without the need for other plugins.

Raamw3rk - independent colourist and visual effects artist

Return to posts index

Darwinius BerarRe: Creating a planar "curve"
by on Mar 19, 2014 at 2:17:35 pm

The most simple solution for this is, if is static BG, create one such graphic in Illustrator or Ae and animate the vertical position of each with a mask what revels each of the color bands artwork creating the illusion is 3D. Are many more possibilities for this effect but if is static is no point to do in real 3D

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved