ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A few questions which I require some information an understanding on for After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Addrian NedanovskiA few questions which I require some information an understanding on for After Effects
by on Mar 19, 2014 at 9:28:23 am

Hi there guys I haven't been on this site for quite some time, anyhow I am currently working on a lego stop motion film and I require some help.

I tend to normally use Sony Vegas for video editing and such but for the things I need SV doesn't do.

My questions:

As After effects does not have a timeline how do you keep track of certain points is it harder or pretty much the same as SV?

What is Adobe Premier?

How do I create a torch feature like a lens that moves as the minifig moves and how do I achieve the movement?

How can I create a simple fire effect that will play in the film in certain spots, such as a simple camp fire and how do I adjust the size of it? Can I import a fire video with a fire with a black background import it into the AE timeline and then take out the black background if so how?

How can I create logos in the beginning of my film in AE, and how do I import custom made ones that you can get for free from sites?

Also it has been some time since I went on AE I just want to ask when making a new composition what file settings would I need for a stop motion film that would be playing at 15FPS but at a quality ratio of at least 720x480.

how can I create simple electricity effects to play in a certain scene? And how do I motion track it? (This applies to any effect in question as well) So I understand you put markers but I really don't understand the concept if it can be explained it would be most appreciated.

That's all the questions guys I would appreciate whatever help you can give me or point me to the right direction, thanks a lot guys.

Kind regards,
Addrian

When you want something as bad as you breathe, then you will be successful.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: A few questions which I require some information an understanding on for After Effects
by on Mar 19, 2014 at 7:35:26 pm

[Addrian Nedanovski] "As After effects does not have a timeline how do you keep track of certain points is it harder or pretty much the same as SV?"

After Effects does have a timeline, but you probably wouldn't want to put your entire movie into one comp.

It would probably be smarter to work on a single shot per comp and send the renders back to your NLE to incorporate into the edit.

[Addrian Nedanovski] "What is Adobe Premier?"

Premiere Pro is a non-linear editor like Sony Vegas.

For the rest of the questions, you're really asking for quite a lot of information, some of which is pretty fundamental.

If you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

You will need some background familiarity with Ae to understand the rest of the answers -- most of which could be found with quick searches here.

You can use the CC Spotlight effect or Ae's 3D lighting system to simulate a cast light, but this is never as convincing as doing the special lighting practically during production.

You can knock the black out of fire footage by using a Screen or Add blend mode, or by using the free effect Unmult from Red Giant Software.

There is no "Make Logo" button, so you'll have to learn some design concepts and techniques and you'll need to learn how to express that in Ae.

After Effects can create a comp at nearly at size you like (under 30,000 x 30,000 pixels) and at nearly any frame rate you like (under 99 fps). You can create a comp that matches your working settings or output settings exactly.

The Advanced Lightning effect can be used to create electricity effects; you'll have to tweak the default settings a bit to make it less cheesy. You do not need to place markers; you need to animate with keyframes.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Addrian NedanovskiRe: A few questions which I require some information an understanding on for After Effects
by on Mar 25, 2014 at 10:36:24 am

I apologize for my late reply as I have been very busy, with work, thank you very much for your time in putting this information in I will look into the link thank you mate.

Kind regards,
Addrian

When you want something as bad as you breathe, then you will be successful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]