ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Teaching After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SeidlTeaching After Effects
by on Mar 16, 2014 at 6:06:15 am

Hello All,

I'm looking for advice. The company I work at is going to start re-training our production department (less than 10 people) from Final Cut Pro 7 to Adobe CC.

I was asked by the department head to put together a "curriculum" for the Adobe training, focusing in AE. I was thinking of getting the Classroom in a Book, but supplementing it with some online Tutorials.

Has anyone tried that? Or do you think that one or the other would be better for editors whom already have experience with FCP Studio?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Teaching After Effects
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 11:55:53 am

Since you mention editors it seems that Premiere would be the one you would need training in. AE is not a editing tool, although you can do minor editing in it.
Here are a few useful resources:

For AE, Andrew Davis has a basic series here on the COW, Videocopilot has a good series and of course

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Mike SeidlRe: Teaching After Effects
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 3:27:19 pm

I'll incorparate those!

Yes, we are "editors" around here, we do a lot of graphics work. I'm not so worried about them learning the basics of Premiere as I am learning to do with Motion. That is why we're kind of stressing AE incorporation.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Teaching After Effects
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 5:19:51 pm

Classroom in a Book for AE CS6 is a horrible book! Video and even audio files are ridiculously short - as low as 2-3 seconds. The completed exercises look like crap on a stick!!! FWIW, it's a tutorial-based book that lacks a lot of insight into the features. It's meant to be used as a quick guide to AE.

I second Ted's recommendation to incorporate workflow routines/techniques that cover AE and an NLE.

There are folks around *ahem* *ahem* that can design a course syllabus for your company - at a fee of course. ;-)

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Mike SeidlRe: Teaching After Effects
by on Mar 18, 2014 at 7:24:00 pm

Thanks Roland!

Yes, we're looking at people in the Detroit area who can come in and teach. That was one of the first things I thought of. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved