ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

External Compositing Tag in C4D not working with AE CC's Cineware

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert BeveridgeExternal Compositing Tag in C4D not working with AE CC's Cineware
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 3:43:25 pm

I've got a problem which shouldn't really be an issue but I can't seem to get my head around… I understand if this is a mouthful or I think I'm explaining jargon which you're already aware of, so apologies in advance but it's best that my question's clear…

I've created a scene in C4D which consists of a book opening to a certain page which will have an image on it. As it opens onto this specific page, the camera zooms inside of the image on this page, which then cuts to footage from our edit.

The image which is on the page is going to be a 2D graphic element created in AE, and this element needs to track with the 3D data which was created in C4D so it appears seamless (once the tracking data has been imported into AE and I've applied the graphic element to the page).

In the C4D scene; the page which will contain the image has a null with an external compositing tag attached so that the information will translate once imported into AE. The problem is that when I export my C4D file into AE with the 3D data, the null which should be locked on the page where the image should be sitting, isn't synced to the C4D animation at all and it's moving almost to its own key framing.

I'm using After Effects CC and Cinema 4D R15 if that helps. AE CC now uses CineWare instead of the traditional importing of 3D data from C4D.

I've also attached the project files if it's worth looking at. Files OriginalPageTurn_1.1/1.2 are just XRef links for Passport_1.4

Link to project:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved