ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using Photoshop effects for After Effects project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg SageUsing Photoshop effects for After Effects project
by on Mar 10, 2014 at 11:57:16 pm
Last Edited By Greg Sage on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:01:12 am

Maybe I'm searching the wrong terms, but I can't be the first person to try and do this, and wondering about most effective means to take footage from AE project, and run it through photoshop plugins.

Do I need to render the sequence first, then feed it into PS for it's video editing functions, or is there some more direct way to do it via AE akin to dynamic link?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Using Photoshop effects for After Effects project
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:28:33 am

There is no Ae/Ps dynamic link. You will have to render out of Ae, import to Ps, process, and render back out of Ps.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Using Photoshop effects for After Effects project
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 4:43:19 pm

what you'd want to look up in photoshop is how to create an action and then how to do a batch operation using that action. it's pretty simple, and i can give you the basics.

to create an action in photoshop you'll just click the 'new action' button (looks like the new layer button in the layers palette) at the bottom of the actions palette -- if you don't see the actions palette, choose windows>actions.

once you create the new action click the record button (at the bottom of the actions palette) and start applying the filters that you need and it will record what you do. when you're done, click the stop button (next to the record button). open a new image and run the action to make sure that it does what you want.

once you have your action, you can select file>automate>batch. in the window that opens you'll select your action (choose the action set first, then the action). select the folder with the image sequence and then select the destination and click ok. the batch process will the start going through the images in the folder, applying the action and saving.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Using Photoshop effects for After Effects project
by on Mar 12, 2014 at 8:29:16 am

[Kevin Camp] "what you'd want to look up in photoshop is how to create an action and then how to do a batch operation using that action."

No need for batch actions -- Photoshop now handles video directly.

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/new-video-features-photoshop-cs6.htm...

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Greg SageRe: Using Photoshop effects for After Effects project
by on Mar 12, 2014 at 6:19:52 pm

Yeah, I'm already processing video in PS. Just wasn't sure if there was a way to somehow port the plugs over, link the programs, or otherwise avoid having to render, import to photoshop, render again, import back into AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]