ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects via creative cloud folder.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve davis
after effects via creative cloud folder.
on Mar 7, 2014 at 12:23:32 am

i work from two machines, MBP and an imac, imac when working from home and MBP when working away.. mainly in after effects, illustrator and photoshop.

constantly copying files from machine to machine is becoming cumbersome and also risky.

has anyone had much experience working with their projects directly from the creative cloud folder on their local drive?

from what i can see, it should be no differently to working locally, and once all the links have been uploaded, its only really the small project file that gets updated and re-uploaded once you hit save?

id be interested to hear what people think are the risks incvolved in working like this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: after effects via creative cloud folder.
on Mar 7, 2014 at 12:30:35 am

Portable external hard drive, able to be used by both machines, where you keep project files & media. I have a 1TB portable that's about the size of an iPad Mini.

Needless to say, I treat it with kid gloves.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

steve davis
on Mar 7, 2014 at 3:56:19 am

yeah, ive thought about that many times but those things are so easily knocked about if yu move around from place to place as much as i do.

the great thing about cc is that you essentially end up with two copies of exactly the same files on two computers, so theres your backup covered.. seems like a pretty good idea.. in theory.

motion designer / design director

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 7, 2014 at 1:26:58 pm

I've been a Dropbox customer for years. I use it for keeping my work synchronized across multiple computers, keeping a remote backup, collaborating with others, and sharing work with clients.

I generally don't do lossless renders into my Dropbox -- the files are just way too big for that -- but I do keep assets and project files there. For renders, I use Adobe Media Encoder with a watch folder that's looking at local storage and compressing to H.264 into my Dropbox.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

steve davis
on Mar 11, 2014 at 10:37:11 pm

thanks walter, sounds like a good plan.

i guess one of my insecurities is if something happens on adobe's end and it somehow syncs and deletes my files!

i guess i need a backup essentially that could mirror the creative cloud folder!

motion designer / design director

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 13, 2014 at 8:43:58 am

[steve davis] "i guess one of my insecurities is if something happens on adobe's end and it somehow syncs and deletes my files! i guess i need a backup essentially that could mirror the creative cloud folder!"

You're right. The cloud does not eliminate the need for a backup plan (though it can be a part of one).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]