ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

TIFF rendering..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay LeaheyTIFF rendering..
by on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:35:08 pm

Hi everyone, I'm currently using After Effects to create a lyric video for my band, it's about 5 and a half minutes long. I was brand new to AE before starting this project, but I've got to grips with the basics over the course of creating the animation. One thing I can't figure out though, is rendering. The comp is full HD, and as mentioned, about 5:30 long. It's 100% animation, no video footage at all, and there are many, many effects and plugins applied, so I know it's a lot of pixels to be working with.the problem is, AE gets part way through the render, and then crashes, which I half expected anyway. After doing some research, I found a good workaround to be rendering as a TIFF image sequence, and then just picking up where it left off. I tried this, and it works the first time, the first 200 frames are a breeze, but then the inevitable crash happens. What I can't figure out, is how to restart the render at frame #201 for example. Each time I restart the render, it starts from the beginning again, even though in the video output settings, I've set the "starting #" to 201. I have even tried cropping the work area so it begins at the desired frame, but no luck :( I feel like it's something really simple and obvious, but I can't figure it out.. Does anyone have a solution or a better workaround for me? It'd be much appreciated, this is really irritating me!

Thanks everyone!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: TIFF rendering..
by on Mar 6, 2014 at 8:43:40 pm

In your comp, go to frame 201 and press "B" to set the first frame of your work area, press "End" to move to the end of the comp and press "N" to set the end of your work area. Press "shift+cntl+/" to add your comp to the render queue and then click on render settings and make sure the pull down marked "Time Span" is set to "work area only".

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jay LeaheyRe: TIFF rendering..
by on Mar 9, 2014 at 3:46:10 pm

Thanks John, I'll try that as soon as I'm ready for the final render and report back :)

Return to posts index

Jay LeaheyRe: TIFF rendering..
by on Mar 11, 2014 at 12:23:29 am

Yep, worked like a charm :) Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved