ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Selective Keying

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer TycksenSelective Keying
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 5:56:11 pm

I need to know if I can key out only a selective portion of a frame. See the screen shot here to get an idea of what I'm trying to do:

How do I key out only the green screen, and not the dude's shorts on the left, not the partially green bean bag etc. It seems possible but my brain doesn't seem to be working well enough to figure it out at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Return to posts index

Spencer TycksenRe: Selective Keying
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:17:42 pm

Ok, my brain finally flickered to life. I duplicated the layer and keyframed an inverted mask on the top layer, revealing the keyed out layer underneath.

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: Selective Keying
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:39:35 pm

you could just use an adjustment layer with a mask over the part you want it to affect.

"|_ (°_0) _|"



Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Selective Keying
by on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:18:53 pm

It's called a Garbage Matte or Garbage Mask. Most keyers have the ability built in, or use can use a mask from a layer as a garbage mask. Here's a good tutorial on the process:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved