ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering in CS5 of compositions duration of longer than 1 hour

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter SteiningRendering in CS5 of compositions duration of longer than 1 hour
by on Mar 4, 2014 at 1:48:44 pm

I recently started using AE CS5.1 and it looked great until I got to rendering.
Composition Settings ; Duration = 1hour 15minutes
Layer 1 = .wav file of 1 hour and 15min duration.
Layer 2 = Solid with Spectrum effect following motion of .wav
Layer 3 = jpg still image

I used Media Encoder to render and there was no audio until the 15minute mark of the mp4 file created. I thought is was sue that there was no audio at the exact moment of the mp4 file that the entire duration was set for over and above the 1hour mark.

I tested by changing the duration to 59minutes and 59seconds and then rendered and the result was with audio throughout. I then changed different output modules all with the same success - with audio.

I then changed the composition duration to 1hour and 0seconds and no luck with the audio. The video in all instances works perfect.

I then tried on a pc running AE CS4 and the same thing happens - no audio for compositions exceeding 1hour or 59minutes and 59seconds to be exact. Has anyone found a solution to this problem or are most AE users only doing footage of less than 60minute durations., Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also receive the error message ' After Effects error: could not allocate sound memory. (26 :: 392) when I select to view the wave form of the audio file, but the audio file is there because the animation plays and Ive tested it many times.

Ive used Photoshop in the past and its pretty rock solid, After Effects appears to have great potential but doesn't give me confidence just yet.

My specs
Macbook Pro OSX 10.7.3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
After Effects CS5 Updated to
Media Encoder CS5 Updated to

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved