ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Mocha and AE CS4 - Clip Import Issue!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cait DavisMocha and AE CS4 - Clip Import Issue!
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 12:49:23 am

Hello All-

I'm new to this forum and I'm still using old CS4. I just started trying out Mocha to track an animated figure in a shot and when I import video clips they come in looking terribly (see image below). What is happening here? Every video file I import looks like this.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mocha and AE CS4 - Clip Import Issue!
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 1:56:32 am

It looks like mocha has interpreted the clip in linear colorspace. Try switching to 8-bit. If that doesn't help, try converting to an image sequence - check the doc to see which format is supported.

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Cait DavisRe: Mocha and AE CS4 - Clip Import Issue!
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 2:09:07 am

Thanks a lot for your quick response. What's the difference between exporting as an image sequence and just using a string of images you already have? Basically, I'm working with an animation I made. The animation was originally a string of jpegs. I took those into final cut and exported them as a single video file. Could I use the original individual image files in Mocha?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mocha and AE CS4 - Clip Import Issue!
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 4:52:55 am

If the original are strung as an image sequence and the format is supported then that's the easiest way. Here's a list of supported formats for mocha BUT do take note that these are for V3.1 -
http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/Documentation/supported-file-format.... You can check your version of mocha's (which I assume to be v2.0.2) doc files to be more specific but I doubt that has been much to change in terms of support for image sequences between then and V3.1.

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Cait DavisRe: Mocha and AE CS4 - Clip Import Issue!
by on Mar 1, 2014 at 2:11:25 am

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I actually already had this files as image files and just attempted import of the original jpegs. It worked perfectly. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]