ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particular explosion problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamish PatersonParticular explosion problem
by on Feb 28, 2014 at 10:53:28 am

Hi there,

I'm try to create an effect where particles explode out at high velocity and then abruptly slow to extreme slow motion (but not frozen, still slightly drifting). I've tried various combinations of velocity/birth rate/physics time factor, but I'm struggling to achieve the right effect. Could anyone advise on a possible recipe?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Particular explosion problem
by on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:36:30 pm

Along with the physics time factor(that's where I would go to do this), have tried any of the time effects? Or time-remapping your explosion?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Particular explosion problem
by on Feb 28, 2014 at 2:14:47 pm

Like John, I would do this purely with physics time. Keyframing velocity and birthrate will affect new particles only; particles that already exist in the system are influenced by the values of these properties at the time of their birth and do not "see" changes made to them afterward.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Hamish PatersonRe: Particular explosion problem
by on Feb 28, 2014 at 4:18:37 pm

Thanks for the pointers - restricting it just to physics time factor was the solution!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved