ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

1 point stabilisation done in background or sent to render stack?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Escurriola1 point stabilisation done in background or sent to render stack?
by on Feb 26, 2014 at 8:11:02 pm

hi there

I have more than 300 shots for a artistic project, where the nose should be stabilised in the middle of the screen (therefore 1 point stabilisation). I've been doing some tests with warp stabilizer, mocha and co. But they are useless for this task. Is there a way to render all the shots in background or render stack?
there are more than 100 minutes footage to render...

Thank you in advance for your hints ;)

David

Return to posts index

Mike SevignyRe: 1 point stabilisation done in background or sent to render stack?
by on Feb 26, 2014 at 9:32:43 pm

For the stabilizing it sounds like you need something like
NewBlue Stabilizer or Lock & Load X to batch everything right in the NLE. Check out their tutorial section and see if it'll do what you need.

NewBlue Stabilizer
http://www.newbluefx.com/product/stabilizer

Coremelt - Lock & Load X
http://www.coremelt.com/products/lock-and-load-x.html

Mocha should have worked in after effects though. In case you still plan to run all your clips through After Effects you can do the following to batch your renders.

1. Import all your clips and drag them to the 3rd icon from the left at the bottom of your project panel (Create a new composition)

2. In the window that pops up you can choose to put all the clips into one composition and sequence them (render them out as one long video), or create a new comp for each clip (maintain the current file structure).

3. Once you're ready to render.. Select one of the compositions in the project panel and go to Composition>Add to render queue

4. In the new panel click on the down arrow next to the yellow word 'Lossless', go to 'Make Template'. In the popup window setup the render settings you want (edit button), name it and then make it the default video template.

5. In the render queue panel click on the yellow text to the right of 'Output To:' and select a common folder where all the files will be rendered to.

6. Now you can select all of the other Compositions at once in the project panel and add them to the Render Queue.

Render.

Good luck,
Mike Sevigny

Return to posts index

David EscurriolaRe: 1 point stabilisation done in background or sent to render stack?
by on Feb 27, 2014 at 9:57:20 am

Hi Mike

NewBlueFX and CoreMelt are plugins for Premiere or FCP but not for AFX.
And your Idea to make a comp out of all the takes is very good, but I will still
have to add more work on top and the workflow wouldn't work as I need it.

But thank you very very much for your support.

All the best

David

Return to posts index

Mike SevignyRe: 1 point stabilisation done in background or sent to render stack?
by on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:20:13 pm

My suggestion is to do it in premiere or FCP (NLE). This will automate all of your footage being tracked/stabilized. Both of them have a feature to track the center of the frame or a region of interest that you choose and stabilize the whole clip. I think that's what you want. Otherwise you're doing it manually in After Effects. Also I'm pretty sure there's a version of lock & load for after effects but I don't know if they still make it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,
Mike Sevigny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]