COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Pedraza
XDCAM Artifacts for chroma keying.
on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:15:32 pm
Last Edited By Martin Pedraza on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:19:32 pm

Hi guys, i'm having a bad week. First, allow me to illustrate:

7157_cocineritostortasblasoliviaycata1.01.44.15.png.zip

I've been handed some XDCAM for chromakeying, and as you can see, the quality is reaching OHGODWHY levels. There's heavy artifacting, and the chroma is severely underlit, and as you can see, it's practically yellow. The kid's elbow will have to be rotoscoped.

I've been having mixed results with Primatte, specially with shadowed areas; and absolutely lousy ones with keylight. What methods can i use to make this work? Or is this beyond saving? Are those artifacts inherent to XDCAM, or has some ball been dropped along the way, during conversion or something like that?

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Daniel Ramirez
Re: XDCAM Artifacts for chroma keying.
on Feb 25, 2014 at 9:13:20 pm

If you file a "bug" using this URL: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

I'll look into it and might be able to help you get a decent key.
Cheers,
Dan Ramirez
Adobe After Effects
QA Engineer

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:31:46 pm

Martin,

I strongly encourage you to follow Dan's suggestion. We may have something cooking here that will help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Martin Pedraza
on Feb 26, 2014 at 12:59:44 am

Todd, Daniel, i love you. As soon as i get to work tomorrow im filing the bug report. Thanks a LOT in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 26, 2014 at 1:01:40 am

No promises.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Martin Pedraza
on Feb 26, 2014 at 1:10:18 am

Oh, i got that, donĀ“t worry. I'm just glad not everybody just watched the png and ran away screaming in abject horror.

Return to posts index

Daniel Ramirez
on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:56:41 am

Hi Martin. We're still willing to take a stab at it, but you'll have to file a bug using this form if you'd like us to try and help.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Cheers,
Dan Ramirez
AE QA Engineer

Return to posts index

Martin Pedraza
on Mar 5, 2014 at 3:04:23 pm

Done! I just sent it.

Sadly there are a lot more takes than that one, with varying qualities of illumination of the chroma, but a solution to at least that one will be illuminating. Primatte ended up saving the day on some cases, after some heavy, heavy tweaking. Still lots of rotoscopy neccesary. Again, thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]