ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to process sound and video together

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angga PutraHow to process sound and video together
by on Feb 25, 2014 at 1:16:11 pm

Hello guys. I just got Adobe After Effects and it was enjoyable. Sure I can just input text but it's obviously something. But the problem now is the rendering.

I'm using a footage I shot with Bandicam to be edited. But when I rendered it, there's no sound. Well, there is sound, but it is odd.

That is the video I rendered. Audio Output is on, 48.00 Khz(If I'm not mistaken), 16-Bit, Stereo. It didn't come from the video file itself, but the render. The original video file STILL has sound.

Anyone can help me?

Return to posts index

Mike SevignyRe: How to process sound and video together
by on Feb 25, 2014 at 10:58:22 pm

If you're just exporting by going to File>Export then I would recommend using the Render Queue.

When you are ready to render:
1. Go to Composition > Add to render queue
2. Click on the yellow word 'Lossless' in the render queue window
3. Select your desired video compression (SWF)
4. Check 'audio output' at the bottom of that window and pick your settings. (when done, hit 'ok')
5. click on the yellow text to the right of 'Output to' in the render queue.. and pick where you want to output.
6. Click render (Button is to the right on the render queue window)

Hope this helps,
Mike Sevigny

Return to posts index

Angga PutraRe: How to process sound and video together
by on Feb 26, 2014 at 7:46:05 am

I did do that with FLV, but nothing. It's not a problem with the footage too. The original STILL has audio. When I imported the footage and used Audio then it became weird.

Is there a way to just render the video at After Effects then process the sound alone at another program and then compile them into one?

Return to posts index

Mike SevignyRe: How to process sound and video together
by on Feb 27, 2014 at 5:06:46 pm
Last Edited By Mike Sevigny on Feb 28, 2014 at 8:37:54 am

For sure, you can use any non linear editor to do that (Premiere/FCP). I sometimes do it right in QuickTime Pro.

You can copy and paste audio streams from one QuickTime file to another and save it as a self contained file. This way you don't lose a generation of quality on the video.

1. On your audio Quicktime set the In and Out of what you want to copy, then go to Edit>Copy
2. In the second Quicktime (video) you can go to Window>Show Movie Properties. In here you can delete any existing audio the file may already have.
3. Now go to the beginning of the video and got to Edit>Add to Movie
4. Now save as self contained file.
5. Test to make sure your audio to the file is not just a reference to the original by renaming or moving the original audio quicktime and trying to play your new file.

You'll likely want to do it in Premiere or FCP but the Quicktime Pro method is a neat trick when you're in crunch time.

Note: If you're outputing to FLV, you may want to render a Quicktime out of AE and then make your FLV together with the audio in the non linear editor.

Mike Sevigny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved