ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Rasterized vector layers' edges suddenly popping in

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Brown
Rasterized vector layers' edges suddenly popping in
on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:40:24 pm

I have a bunch of continually-rasterized Illustrator files stacked on top of each other in 3D space forming the contours of a map. Each layer has a relatively thin line around the edges forming a border.

However, whenever the camera gets a certain distance away, all the borders seem to suddenly pop out of existence. They're still there, but are extremely faint and much smaller than before. This happens in the space of one frame and is quite noticeable. Here's what I mean:

As best as I can tell, it's connected to the continuous rasterization somehow; when I turn off continuous rasterization on these layers, they appear the same as when the borders are gone. Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Rasterized vector layers' edges suddenly popping in
on Feb 25, 2014 at 2:32:11 am

You have 3D layers sharing the exact same space. This confuses any application as there is no certainty which image should take precedent. You should offset the perfectly overlapping images by changing any one of their X,Y,Z coordinates by a very small amount - a 1-pixel change or even less should solve your issue.

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

James Brown
on Feb 25, 2014 at 7:04:32 pm

Sorry, I should have made it more clear. These layers aren't occupying the same space; there's at least 18 pixels between each of them along the Y-axis.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Feb 26, 2014 at 2:18:32 am

Check your Fast Preview setting - this could be due to Draft preview. If this still doesn't sort out your issue then your best bet is to post your AEP for someone to take a look.

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]