ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How would you go about this project?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard ShearmanHow would you go about this project?
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 6:28:39 pm

Hoping some of you more experienced users could offer some help and guidance on how to setup and go about a project i would like to create.

My final output will be 720p.

Essentially I have 150 different video clips of 10 seconds duration which are looping. Each video is a little animated village (dimension 1440 x 1080).

What I want is to have a huge solid layer and then place each of the villages around the solid. This would be big! Maybe 28,800 x 21,600 pixels

Then I want to create a new composition (720p) insert the huge solid and then animate fly overs / zooms into specific villages, then zoom back out and off to another one etc.

I've tried doing the above when when I tried to render a quick test it said "Image buffers of 28800 x 21600 @ 8 bpc (2.3 Gb) exceed internal limits. Decrease the memory requirements for the rendering of this frame."

Hope this makes sense. Please ask if I haven't provided enough information.

I'm just looking for the best way to approach this project. So far i've created 150 different village compositions and have the background for the solid, so ready to rock n roll! :)

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: How would you go about this project?
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 8:24:23 pm

Are you creating a composition with that size? (28800x21600)... why?

You have to just position those compositions and animate a camera. Leave that as a standard 720p comp. Your 28800x21600 dimension solid will only exist inside AE's space, you'll never need to actually render something that large to bring it inside another smaller final comp. Also trim the unseen villages when you zoom in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved