ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

ae: strobe / flicker / vibrance like problem with moving objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nuria Aizpuru
ae: strobe / flicker / vibrance like problem with moving objects
on Feb 24, 2014 at 1:30:28 pm

HI! i´m having a problem with fast moving objects that i cannot find the way to fix...
I´m doing 2d animation for kids, and whenever a character is moving fast in front of the camera, image gets flickering or vibrance or strobe like problem... i don´t know the what to call it exactly... here´s a short sample

if you fix your eyes in the characters eyes, you´ll see that they vibrate or something...

I know that applying motion blur is one way to "hide" the problem, but I need to find the way to fix it... render is ok, if you go frame by frame in the render... each frame is ok.
but when in play, the problem appears.

helppp, does anyone know how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: ae: strobe / flicker / vibrance like problem with moving objects
on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:36:07 pm

What is the frame rate? If it's fairly low, such as 24 or 25fps, the phenomenon of judder is more pronounced. The solution is to alter the speed of the animation.

Actually, that 3-second clip looks all right to me. It looks like it has been animated.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nuria Aizpuru
on Feb 25, 2014 at 1:06:12 pm

Hi! Thanks for replying!
My project is 29,97fps... i ve tried making it 60fps and i dont see a huge difference...
When you say change the speed of the animation you mean make the character move slower? That surely fixes the problem... and pulling back the camera helps... but limits my resources.
But it seems that those are the posible solutions right...? No magic setting to fix it all together?jajaja

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 25, 2014 at 5:01:45 pm

You aren't limited to slowing things down. For example, if the eye blinks bother you, speed them up.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]