ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff CottleHow to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Feb 23, 2014 at 8:30:42 pm

Hello CreativeCowComm.,..
i've have a motion problem that If solved is a substantial step forward for motion Artists in allowing us to "efficiently" animate almost everything:
I have a few dozen Adobe Illustrator Shape Layers, imported to A.E. with paths "Created..from Vector Layers".
In order to use a jsxbin script to change every path to the same number of verticies (min.req. to animate masks) i must 1st convert them to Keyframes on the same Mask Path property.

1) could someone please show how, perhaps know of or write a script\Action script to convert or paste Keyframes from Shape Paths onto a single Masks' path Keyframes?

Any help always greatly appreciated,
J

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:38:46 am

You can simply copy and paste keyframes from shape paths to mask paths ..

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

aashi.29nov@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 7:03:28 pm

I'm not sure if you're asking to copy shape layer paths to a mask on a solid layer, or convert many shape paths in one shape layer to separate shape layers with one path each. If you're trying to do the latter, here's a cool script for that - http://aescripts.com/explode-shape-layer/ I don't know if he's updated this yet, but v1.1 seemed to work better than 2.5

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Jeff CottleRe: How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:55:33 am

Thanks Jason,.
"..you're asking to copy shape layer paths to a mask on a solid layer,." = YES, copy or script multiple Shape layer paths simultaneously into Mask path Keyframes.
So each Shape path would become a Mask path Keyframe.
D'ya know how?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Feb 26, 2014 at 6:21:17 pm

Copying from shape layers to solids with masks with a script? I've never heard of such a script or reason to do it. May I ask what you are trying to do, or the reason your shape layers need to be on solids with masks?

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

Jeff CottleRe: How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:40:17 pm
Last Edited By Jeff Cottle on Mar 2, 2014 at 8:38:03 pm

...to use a Script that force the same number of vertices on every mask, but it only works with Keyframes.
In the mean time, to meet deadlines i'm trying to write a ExtendScript to address this issue.
Thx, talk soon,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Mike ForanRe: How to Action\Script converting many Shape Paths into single masks' path keyframes?
by on Aug 7, 2014 at 1:30:51 pm

Jumping in late here... was this issue ever resolved? I am working on a project with a lot of complex AI imports that need to have shapes for some things and masks for 3D strokes. It's very time consuming to go through and create all the masks and individually link them to the shape paths. This seems like an obvious script to make but I can't find one anywhere. I'd do it myself but I haven't really gotten into scripting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]