ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D camera tracking not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zeke Camusio3D camera tracking not working
by on Feb 23, 2014 at 3:59:46 am

After the 3D camera tracker effect analyzed my footage it displayed all the track points correctly. If I right-click on the target and select "create text and camera" everything works the way I expected.

However, I want to apply the same effect to a drawing (Paint effect) instead of text. If instead of "create camera and text" I select "create camera and null object" the null object is created. I was expecting that I could then parent the null object to the layer where I have my drawing, but it doesn't work. The camera changes positions but the null object doesn't, so I think that the values aren't being passed to the layer with the drawing.

What's the best way to make an image layer move around based on the 3D camera tracker?

Thank you!

Zeke

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: 3D camera tracking not working
by on Feb 23, 2014 at 3:31:23 pm

[Zeke Camusio] " I was expecting that I could then parent the null object to the layer where I have my drawing, but it doesn't work. "

The parenting structure should be the other way around. Perhaps this is the cause of your issue?

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Zeke CamusioRe: 3D camera tracking not working
by on Feb 24, 2014 at 10:18:58 pm

I figured out what the problem was: I had to make the layer a 3D layer. I did that and it worked. Thank you, Roland!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]