ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I frame blend between two video tracks?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Hakes
Can I frame blend between two video tracks?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:28:46 pm

I'm working on a green screen project where the talent has a long pause between sentences. I cut out the pause and put the tracks up next to each other. On playback there is a subtle jump cut between them. I'm wondering if there is a way After Effects can create a frame that would go between the two clips like the frame blend function does for footage in one track? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Sam
Running AE CC & OSX 10.9

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Can I frame blend between two video tracks?
on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:55:26 pm

You can use the Timewarp effect for this.

This handy and inexpensive script automates the work:
http://aescripts.com/pt_framerestorer/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Sam Hakes
Re: Can I frame blend between two video tracks?
on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:34:06 pm

Thanks Todd! The Frame Restorer plugin worked for me. I first tried exporting the two keyed tracks as a Photoshop sequence but Frame Restorer had a problem with the alpha channel:

So I exported the clip with everything composted, deleted one frame between the two clips and told the Frame Restorer to "Restore Missing Frames" and it worked! I don't think anyone will notice I cut out a pause in his talking now. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]