ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Objects POP into view just in front of camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob HolmesObjects POP into view just in front of camera
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 6:45:04 pm

I've created a camera with one point perspective. I created particles that are supposed to look like they start behind the camera and then pass by it and off into the distance. I'm using Particular to generate the particles and the particles are a sequence of .png images with alpha.

All works fine except the particles just appear or pop into view just in front of the camera as if they were born just a foot in front of it. They don't come into view from behind.

I've changed the preroll, birth, life and every parameter that I can find. In 3DS Max objects can start behind a camera and pass through it, being visible the whole time. Maybe AE cameras don't work like that. Is there a solution?

Asus P5K-Deluxe - Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 - 16GB DDR2 1066Mhz -ATI FireGL V8600 - 3D Studio (preMax) thru Max 2014 Design

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: Objects POP into view just in front of camera
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:30:10 pm

Hi Rob

--- should be able to set this up no problem -- AE camera is fine for this----

---- sounds like the z space setup in your comp may need setting up differently

--- suggestions ...

1 ) make sure the emitter is behind the camera in z space.

2 ) animate the camera in z space

3 ) sometimes AE is weird and occaisionaly it makes a difference which order the layers are in -- if its not thee already try moving the particle layer below the camera layer...

4 ) some particles probably are being born just in front of camera - if this looks rubbish try redrawing the transparency over life curve to make them fade in more beautifully

---------------------- good luck ------chris --

======================================================

Return to posts index

Rob HolmesRe: Objects POP into view just in front of camera
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:33:39 pm

Thanks Chris, good suggestions. I'll try them out and post back. I appreciate the fast response.

Asus P5K-Deluxe - Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 - 16GB DDR2 1066Mhz -ATI FireGL V8600 - 3D Studio (preMax) thru Max 2014 Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]