ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Light casting after use of 3D tracker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carly CrawfordLight casting after use of 3D tracker
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:17:11 pm

CS6 version.
Essentially what I want is to have a character walking through a hallway with light casting through the stain glass over her. So far what I was able to do was create a 3D tracker that tracked the whole straight path of the cathedral, set up lights and duplicates of the windows for the lights to shine through. I got the windows to do a colored casting on the floor, but it looks like a multiplied color overlay. I tried to put a light over the cast shadows but the scene doesn't light up.
Accept lights is on the floor layer, light source is a point intensity 100% white color 1892 radius 3615 fall off.

Is it something that the 3D tracker allows you to place a shadow floor? wonder if I should just fake it with low opacity solids...

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Light casting after use of 3D tracker
by on Feb 21, 2014 at 11:13:40 am

The 3D Cam Tracker doesn't do anything to lights or shadows. These properties work as they should in AE, after a 3D Cam Tracking task. You may want to post a JPG of your issue to allow others more insight. Please include a screen cap of your layer's Material section and your Light Options.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved