ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera tracking video game footage for intro videos

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey FisherCamera tracking video game footage for intro videos
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:05:55 pm

Hello there I am preparing to launch my Youtube channel where I will be uploading Pc gaming lets plays, reviews, etc.

Since I am the type of person that always tries to learn to do something myself before having someone do it for me I have been trying to learn after effects to make a nice intro for all my videos.

I thought something neat to do after looking up ideas would be to create a camera track with text in it with a clip of footage from the particular video game I am uploading videos for in that series.

I am having issues getting camera tracking to work well on video game footage tho. I've tried efter effects built in tracking with no luck it just fails to solve.

So I tried boujou and it seems Much more powerful for tracking. The thing is I am still having issues. One of the issues is aligning the x,y,z plane but that I can probably get with tinkering.

The main Issue I am having tho is that my tracking points Jitter and move around. So If I import into after effects and attach some text to one of the Nulls the text jitters around and doesn't look rite.

Even in Boujou the tracking points jitter and move slightly they don't stay perfectly still.

here is an example of the type of clips I am trying to camera track:

I masked out the Hud/UI elements in Boujou like the little mini map Ui element in case that would mess with the tracking but I didn't mask out the character since it seemed like it was detecting that it shouldnt place tracking points there anyways.

Does anyone have any advice as to why my points are jittery and move slightly?

I should add I thought maybe i was mixing up framerates so I tried making everything 24 frams but I might be missing something there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved