ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

From motion graphic to web banners to 50kb. Need advice.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
judah modeste
From motion graphic to web banners to 50kb. Need advice.
on Feb 18, 2014 at 4:59:56 pm

Hi, I have create a series of 10 sec. motion graphic video to be used as a web banner for a client and to my unfortunate luck I was told they wanted the files as SWF format instead, then again they asked for GIF instead. I was like no problem it wont be hard to convert the video files to the wanted format. Then I was asked that the files be no larger than 50kb. I am lost on how the hell I am suppose to do that without loosing image quality, I had to reduce the animated graphic video to a series of 2-3 still shots using flash also and still i cant even come close to 50kb,I will be much thankful for whatever help someone can throw my way.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: From motion graphic to web banners to 50kb. Need advice.
on Feb 18, 2014 at 6:02:26 pm

You'll want to look at AE's File>Export>SWF feature. There's also Adobe Edge Animate which creates small animation files with/without interactivity, intended for Web delivery.

Cheers
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

judah modeste
on Feb 18, 2014 at 6:56:56 pm

I'm not on the cloud so adobe edge animate is out of the picture. i have tried the SWF feature from AE but those files where not even close to 50kb unless i used a third party software that got the SWF files to 65kb no smaller than that. I'm now using just three rendered frames of the video and using photoshop to create a GIF sequence which is what they wanted and under 50kb's but a huge loss in quality and i have just gotten word that my last test was acceptable by the client i just that's the end. As I said Roland R. Kahlenberg really thankful.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 18, 2014 at 6:57:37 pm

Exporting a SWF file from After Effects will not give you what you need, since nearly all SWF files exported from After Effects are just JPEG image sequences in a SWF container. For the tiny file sizes that you're after, you need to animate and output as vector graphics, which is really only feasible through Flash Professional.

It is possible to create vector graphics out of After Effects when exporting to a SWF file, but only if you have used a very, very limited set of After Effects features:
http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/rendering-exporting-flash-profes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

judah modeste
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:02:56 pm

Is there a way to export as a GIF and get ok quality at 50kb, I used three still images to create a GIF seq. and the quality was awful so i did it over in photoshop with the still images. thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:19:15 pm

Animated GIF is not a format that is going to give high quality.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:22:46 pm

Photoshop or Fireworks' Save for Web option is what you want when outputting a GIF animation. GIFs can contain an optimized 8-bit color palette and dithering. These options are available in the aforementioned save feature.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

judah modeste
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:24:03 pm

Well they liked what i had sent so far so I'm hoping that was the end of it. thanks for the help guys.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:34:17 pm

Frame rate, pixel resolution and the number of colors in the palette of a GIF animation determines its final size. Tweak these variables to meet your quality expectations and file size requirements.

HTH
RoRK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]