ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

linking position of a text layer to the end of another text layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hissora Linse
linking position of a text layer to the end of another text layer
on Feb 18, 2014 at 12:11:21 pm

Hello,

Im creating a corporate identity manual for a company and they will use it to just open it and typing whatever they need without worrying about positioning text in the right places as I will set all this previously.

Im trying to set the position of a text layer based on the end of another text layer
My two text layers always have to be 80 px separated from eachother. And there have to be in separate layers because sometimes they will use one layer and sometimes the two layers.

If layer one has 3 lines, layer 2 would have to position itself 80px below layer 1 automatically, and so on regardless of how many lines layer 1 has....

Thank you in advance

Hissora

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: linking position of a text layer to the end of another text layer
on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:56:12 pm

Is there a reason, you don't you just make a precomp with the leading set to 80? If they need 1 line, they type one line, 2 lines-type 2 lines.

Is there some reason you can't do it this way?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Hissora Linse
Re: linking position of a text layer to the end of another text layer
on Feb 19, 2014 at 10:01:58 am

They dont want precomps and precomps... they want just one precomp with layers inside so they dont have to be opening precomps to change things. The people that will be using the manual is unfamiliar with after effects, so it needs to be simple and clear with one precomp only.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]