ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Glitch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix LugoAfter Effects Glitch?
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:43:38 am

I made a new composition, I have several clips and a song. They all have a color correction added to their precomp as each clip has its own precomp. When I play the preview and I listen to the song I listen to it in a certain way, so lets say if I preview it with the work area start at 0:00 it says, for example "theres no going back" at 01:51, but when I change the work area to start at like 02:33 it says "theres no going back" at about 02:34. What is this glitch? Is there a solve? I will include screen shots. The song is Dark Horse by Katy Perry by the way, 99 fps clips.

Work area:

Return to posts index

Juan MarinRe: After Effects Glitch?
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 5:31:51 am

I can think of two minor issues:

1.- When you handle your comp's settings (by hitting cmd key + K with your comp selected), you can manually change the starting time value of your comp...

2.- If you have several pre-comps, you might be just listening to a song that is already pre-composed inside one of them. So, when you play your master comp you get one reading, but this would create an overlap which you didn't mention...

One final thing: I do remember having mp3 issues when using songs (and by issues I mean I almost shot myself several times). Have you tried converting your mp3 to aiff or wav? If I'm not wrong, this happened to me inside AE CS5 and FCP 7. Since then, I always use EVERY audio in aiff. You can convert your song inside iTunes...

Hope it helps... Cheers!

Starting in Pro Video - Musician (@LaVesper -

Return to posts index

Felix LugoRe: After Effects Glitch?
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 5:03:55 pm

When I converted it to an .aiff file it is still the same problem. I dont quite understand what you mean by changing the comp start time, what do i need to do with that exactly?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved