ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trapcode Form I got Faded particles in the edges

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bengt BengtssonTrapcode Form I got Faded particles in the edges
by on Feb 17, 2014 at 8:25:20 am

Hello, I try to make a video with particles. I started with filming myself on a green screen. Then I keyed myself out and used the Auto-trace to create a mask around me. Then I exported it as an SWF-file where I was pure white and the background was transparent. Then I opened this clip in a new project in AFX and used this clip for the Layer Maps in Form. everything works fine except for I donĀ“t want the particles in the edges to be faded. I want the particles to be 100 % visible or 0 %. Is there a way to make this happen?

thankful for answer, best regards: Bengt.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Trapcode Form I got Faded particles in the edges
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 9:25:39 pm

If you want to prevent anti-aliasing and subpixel interpolation for a layer, you can set the layer's Quality switch to Draft:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Bengt BengtssonRe: Trapcode Form I got Faded particles in the edges
by on Feb 20, 2014 at 8:44:41 pm

Hello, yes that is true or at least use to be, but now I have tried the different settings of the layers for a long time with out no result... But when I changed the settings in form: Layer Maps - Color and Alpha - Lightness to A ---> to RGB to RGB my problem was solved. But the happiness ran out when I changed particle types from sphere to Sprite because I want to have small images as particles. Than form spread the particles all over the screen and did not understand that it should keep it in the white area. But with sphere it worked perfectly fine. It is probably some lame thing that I not have understood, but that's the way it is. Please help me :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved