ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Droste Effect in CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip StetsonDroste Effect in CC
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 12:51:52 am

So it seems that the pixel bender language does not work outside CS4 and the Droste Effect (this one: http://www.subblue.com/projects/droste) does not work without it. Is there an alternative to this?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Droste Effect in CC
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 1:57:50 am

This utility makes it possible to use Pixel Bender effects in later versions of After Effects:
http://aescripts.com/pixel-bender-accelerator/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Philip StetsonRe: Droste Effect in CC
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 2:07:18 am

Hmm, alright. A little frustrating that I have to pay for it to work. :/

Thanks for the quick reply, though.

I must ask, though, is there not any other way or is this PixelBender script the only one?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Droste Effect in CC
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 2:57:30 am

That's your only option in a current version of After Effects.

Pixel Bender was a failed experiment, and the team within Adobe that was working on it had to cut it to work on other things.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Philip StetsonRe: Droste Effect in CC
by on Feb 14, 2014 at 6:05:43 pm
Last Edited By Philip Stetson on Feb 14, 2014 at 7:01:31 pm

Back again!

I have attempted to use the Pixel Bender Accelerator with the Droste Effect and all I am getting is a black screen. I've followed all the directions and I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong.

Any advice?

Edit: I've double checked and made sure that my computer is compatable with the plug-in and it seems it is. I have an AMD Radeon 7970M and it has OpenGL 6.14 and Shader Model 5.0. I'm not sure what else I need to do to get this to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]