ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating a slipspace portal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom LloydCreating a slipspace portal
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 11:42:57 am

Hey there, I'm new to this forum, first post so sorry if this is the wrong place or something! I am trying to create a portal effect that looks like this:

Just creating the 2d portal element is all i need, no need to worry about the explosion, just the animated portal. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Creating a slipspace portal
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 4:06:18 pm

What time in the video is the portal?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Chris EvansRe: Creating a slipspace portal
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:08:19 pm

Fractal noise with a really high contrast, detect edges, duplicate the layer, tint and blur the top layer, change transfer mode to add, duplicate the top layer a couple more times, precompose it all, CC Sphere with only 100 ambient lighting, animate scale, add another glow, but a halo around it however you want.

For the implosion and then explosion, color matched, time reversed CC Particle world should work. Some flashes of light, some random smoke elements, and another subtle energy orb and another subtle halo all with animated scale.

Super down and dirty, but that's it. If you have any questions, ask.

Return to posts index

Tom LloydRe: Creating a slipspace portal
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:33:54 pm

Hey cheers for the help i kinda took some of your ideas and just messed about to see what i could do and came up with this:

It animates with the fractal noise evolution and has a bit of turbulent displacement in the back which is also animated, thanks for all your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved