ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Audio Spectrum

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane SmiskolAfter Effects Audio Spectrum
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 7:36:32 pm

I've been playing around with the audio spectrum effect in After Effects CS6 and for some reason, I can never get it to look like MonstercatMedia's on YouTube. I mean, how the stableness is of it. I have the audio duration set to 300ms and the audio offset set to -300ms to make it move more natural, but I need the bars to sort of equalize, and stay together, not go all over the place like: If you've seen Monstercat's design, you'll know what I'm talking about. So, is there any way to more stabilize the spectrum, thank you so much!

Here's my current setting for it:

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: After Effects Audio Spectrum
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 12:41:01 pm

A link to what you are trying to achieve would be helpful.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Feb 13, 2014 at 2:51:21 am.

Shane SmiskolRe: After Effects Audio Spectrum
by on Feb 13, 2014 at 1:35:44 am

This is what I'm talking about: See how they are all in groups, evenly spaced (from top to bottom) and not one bar is uneven compared to the others, I have tried literally everything, and I know it's a separate effect, since nothing works, I just don't know which one, thanks!

EDIT: Also, if you watch a video of their's, you will notice that the high pitches and the low pitches are both on the same spectrum, but still look great, as if there's two spectrums, but mashed together in the middle somehow with one's frequency set to 10 - 500 and the other set to 1000 - 5000. If you don't get what I'm saying here, then just ignore this part...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved