ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

.R3D footage audio problem AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Willem Scholtes.R3D footage audio problem AE
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 3:48:09 pm

Hi there,

I'm having a little bit of trouble over here. I imported .R3D files in after effects. Imported it in a new comp. In the composition the footage shows a waveform which tells me that there is actual audio (I know there is) Only when i play it (Pre-render or only audio with the period key) there is no audio. Nothing. And when i import a WAV in the same comp it does have audio. So the problem is the R3D file. But how can i fix this. In this project it is essential that i have audio feedback.

Is there anyone who has had similar problems or has some info that might help me?
Thanks in advance.

Willem

Return to posts index

EricBowenRe: .R3D footage audio problem AE
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:33:40 pm

Did you make sure the sample rate of the comp matches the sample rate of the audio from the media? Most likely those wave files are 44.1k

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Willem ScholtesRe: .R3D footage audio problem AE
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:42:51 pm

Thanks for looking into my problem. But i changed the sample rate in the project settings from 44,1k to 48k (which matches the sample rate of the R3D files) and it does not help... Do you maybe have some other suggestions?

Return to posts index

EricBowenRe: .R3D footage audio problem AE
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 5:35:19 pm

Did you clear out the media and re-import again after the sample rate change? Also are you importing via the media browser?

Eric-ADK
Tech Manager
support@adkvideoediting.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: .R3D footage audio problem AE
by on Feb 12, 2014 at 1:07:15 am

It could also be that you don't have the audio hardware settings right in AE Preferences. Check it out.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:24:36 am

I didn't clear out the media and reimported, but id did now Eric. Unfortunately nothing changed.
I also checked the audio settings in AE. changed some stuff, but there are very limited options. So i don't know what i should be changing...

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:35:20 am

Okay, i have some new info. Maybe i should have shared this sooner. The way i imported the footage in After Effects is that i made a edit in premiere and created a dynamic link. After making that dynamic link i redid the dynamic link. This way i still have my edit in Premiere but also have it in AE.
This al went well besides the audio problem. Now is just made a new composition in the same project, and dragged the footage in there. There was no problem with the audio. So my conclusion is that the problem is in the compositions settings. Only thing is that i don't really see a difference. Besides the resolution that is...

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2014 at 8:50:46 am

Alright, i'm getting somewhere. In this composition i have .R3D files and .WAV files. if i turn off the audio from the .WAV files the audio works on the .R3D files. This helps me a lot and helps me now to proceed in the project. However i'm still curious how to fix this, because it's kinda annoying.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]