ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Question regarding live reverse chroma keying and motion tracking.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard FosterQuestion regarding live reverse chroma keying and motion tracking.
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 10:31:26 am

I know this is an odd question..But...I'm involved in a project in which the idea is to create the reverse of a green screen effect by having chroma-key applied to the person rather than the background....My question is how possible is it to key out certain elements of a person?..The idea also involves motion tracking another object onto them simultaneously....something which I would imagine is impossible. The keying of items of clothing would happen to voluntary members of the public in a public space. These keyed areas would then be replaced with items which would ideally track to the person. I've come across plugins for AE which do live keying but I haven't been able to find a similar live motion tracking plugin. I'm assuming this doesn't exist due to After Effects being post production software..not software to edit content in real time. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome. Or even just confirmation that this isn't possible.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Question regarding live reverse chroma keying and motion tracking.
by on Feb 11, 2014 at 3:46:47 pm

This is not possible with After Effects.

This would be possible with some custom software, though. You might consider a framework like Quartz Composer or Processing/OpenCV which can do facial detection/tracking.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]