ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Mask keyframes becoming invisible

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimi LundMask keyframes becoming invisible
by on Feb 8, 2014 at 3:21:17 pm

Hi All,

I've got a project where there's 6 hours of video in Premiere Pro, and I'm amending some titles throughout it by cutting the section to be amended, sending it to After Effects and making the appropriate amends, by masking sections of the video to patch over old fonts used etc.

I'm about 3 hours through and all was well, until now. Now when I copy and paste a mask onto a new video clip and try and amend any keyframes on the mask, the keyframes are invisible. They're still there as the mask still animates and I can jump form invisible keyframe to invisible keyframe using the J & K keys. If I make a completely new mask and try and add keyframes, they're still invisible.

I've tried to remedy this by restarting all the software and machine. I've also boosted the size of my disk cache to double what it was previously (now 75gb - although I'm not sure what this does).

I'm running on the latest version of Adobe CC and my machine is a Retina Macbook 2.7ghz processor, 16gb ram, with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB graphics card.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Mask keyframes becoming invisible
by on Feb 9, 2014 at 2:56:21 am

This is very strange. I suggest you trash your AE prefs - Hit CTRL+ALT+SHIFT (Command+Option+SHIFT) as soon as you start up AE.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved