ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Un Pre-comp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
Un Pre-comp?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 5:06:02 am

i only see this question asked about 6 years ago, so i'm guessing the solution is old news, but i don't see an option for this in AE CC. anyone? i.e., how to separate assets to individual layers once they've been joined in a pre-comp. i.e., can they get divorced?

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Un Pre-comp?
on Feb 8, 2014 at 6:08:34 am

http://aescripts.com/un-precompose/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

tad newberry
on Feb 8, 2014 at 7:57:02 am

Thanks for the reply, Todd...but $30 to un pre-compose? Seems like there oughtta be a button already...

Anyway, thanks! :)

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Feb 8, 2014 at 2:56:02 pm

Since it's not quite as simple as a button push, there are reasons for the script. One way to do it by hand is to first check your precomps to see whether you chose to move all of your effects and attributes into the precomp, or you left them in the original comp (applied to the precomp). If they're in the original, save all effects and attributes as a preset, then open the precomp (double-click), copy the layers back to the original comp, and apply whichever effects/attributes where on their respective layers. Now do you see why a button wouldn't do it, and why you have to pay for someone else to automate it? It's quite a bit of work, which is why I always save a version of my project before I do any precomping - then it's easy to back out of. But it would be nice if there were a button...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 8, 2014 at 5:02:26 pm

I think that you misunderstand the price of the script. It says "Name your own price", and $30 is just a suggestion, a placeholder.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Feb 9, 2014 at 8:23:18 pm

The author also offers it for free on his website, along with some other very useful tools:

http://www.batchframe.com/extras/

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 8, 2014 at 5:09:19 pm

> Seems like there oughtta be a button already...

Two things:

- Any time you say or think that, submit a feature request: http://adobe.ly/feature_request

- Most people tell us to spend our extremely limited resources (After Effects has far fewer people developing it than you likely think) on things that only we can do, such as improving performance and building new compositing tools, rather than redoing simple automation utilities that someone else has already built using our scripting interface... especially when those utilities can be gotten for free.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]