ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

IRE levels must be between 7.5 - 78

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred MatthewsIRE levels must be between 7.5 - 78
by on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:10:18 pm

I have just been informed that one of the Networks we are about to broadcast on (Daystar) has set there levels at 7.5 and 78 IRE. We already edit to 7.5 but our top is obviously 100 with a lot of things brought down to around 90. Obviously others are doing this since they air other programs but for me this will be something new.

Anyone have a suggestion for getting there without having everything look crushed?

I am working with AE 6 and AVID MC 7.02. I do a lot of my work in AE so that is critical but my final products are made on the AVID.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: IRE levels must be between 7.5 - 78
by on Feb 7, 2014 at 10:45:31 pm

I think this would be more of an Avid question than an AE question. With all the Avid settings options, I'll bet there's a way to get the thing to work like a proc amp that limits peak video levels to 78 IRE. You deliver for Daystar, you use that particular setting; otherwise use the default setting for everything else.

Boy, that's a really weird delivery spec. Any clue why they want it that way?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Fred MatthewsRe: IRE levels must be between 7.5 - 78
by on Feb 10, 2014 at 6:42:24 pm

No idea. We were forced to seek another carrier a few weeks back and this was thrown together rather quickly. Still in conversations with them to find out the whats and whys.

I think a lot of it pertains to graphics which is why AE is a critical step for me since all my graphics come out of there.

I've already begun some tests but I can't say that I am all that pleased with the look.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved