ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trillions colors depth in render output is disable

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ali khoshdouniTrillions colors depth in render output is disable
by on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:28:24 pm

When i want to render a dng sequence to 16-bit 444 video. in output module panel trillions colors is not active. how can i enable that. plz look at this video from my problem.

My problem

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Trillions colors depth in render output is disable
by on Feb 7, 2014 at 9:55:22 pm

For deep color support in CineForm, you must choose "CineForm AVI" as the format instead of choosing "AVI" as the format and then selecting CineForm as the codec.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

phil mcnallyRe: Trillions colors depth in render output is disable
by on Jan 15, 2015 at 8:33:56 pm

This issue seems to be back. I spent six hours trying to understand why one windows machine running After Effects gave me the trillions of color options while the other did not.

In AE Gopro cineform was included with After Effects. There was no need to install Gopro studio to get it. In the render options you could choose Quicktime>Gopro Cineform and set it to RGB+A and choose between millions+ or trillions+ colors.

In the latest AE 13.2 the trillions+ option has again disappeared. I tried installing and uninstalling gopro studio. Also reinstalled AE as well as trying all the various .xml changes listed above. Maybe I missed something but I could not get trillions back. Even a file saved from 13.1 with a render queued and set to trillions got changed to millions in the new version.

In the end I manually copied the 13.1 version from one machine to the other to get a working version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved