ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Camera Won't move with attached Null?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Hapeman
Camera Won't move with attached Null?
on Feb 7, 2014 at 4:44:53 am

It was working, but suddenly it stopped, even with the already made key frames. For some reason, the null w/camera won't move and it appears for some reason there is a weird 3d box attached to represent the null layer when it moves. The null red square moves, but the camera doesn't and I can't create any camera moves... even with the camera alone without a null. What happened? Did I accidentally turn something on or off? Yes... everything is correctly parented. Everything was working, then suddenly... not, even when I close and reopen, or deleted and tried again.

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
Re: Camera Won't move with attached Null?
on Feb 7, 2014 at 6:03:50 am

What I've noticed as well, which could be the problem is that any picture, comp, null I import onto the timeline is positioned at an angle instead of normally horizontal, if that makes sense. The bounding box and any image I now import including nulls are all askew. Can't say I have a clue why that is, so perhaps that's messing everything up?

Return to posts index

Nick Musisi
on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:37:42 am

Would you mind taking a printshoot?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Feb 7, 2014 at 12:59:54 pm

Are you looking at a custom view instead at the Active Camera by chance?

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Feb 7, 2014 at 4:14:41 pm

Just got your replies and thank you both very much... I did figure it out late last night and indeed, as silly and as simple as it was... it always comes down to the basics - that my camera view was indeed somehow 'locked' onto a different camera... Thank you... I feel a bit stupid now why I didn't see that in the first place. Still don't know why though when I import images that they come in crooked instead of horizontally...

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Sam Begdouri
on Jun 16, 2014 at 11:24:44 am

I have the same problem, yet my camera is still not working. I am on active view and nothing is soloed..Here's a screen shot. Is there something I am doing wrong?

7623_screenshot20140616at20.11.33.png.zip

Return to posts index

Gerald Hapeman
on Jun 16, 2014 at 4:31:55 pm

I can't say much more than discovering my own mistake as above. I see that all looks well in your pic so it's hard to say. Sometimes I save then shut down my computer and restart AE and that helps, as well, cleaning out my cache in AE which sometimes bogs things down and clears out the memory. Try those and see if that helps...?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]