ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do you make this RGB effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Musisi
How do you make this RGB effect?
on Feb 6, 2014 at 9:37:39 pm

Hello! So i'm making a music video for an artist and he wanted this RGB effect to be used. I have came up with similarities, but would like to know if anyone know how to make pretty much the exact same? It starts at 1:45. I already know they used roto brush to get him out of the background.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGbP_kTM4CA[/youtube]

Return to posts index

George Goodman
Re: How do you make this RGB effect?
on Feb 6, 2014 at 11:22:12 pm

That's called chromatic abberation, its a mock of a lens artifact. There's a name your own price lens distortion plugin that you can do it with, but there are a lot of ways to do it. Of course, in this case, he only effects the background so you will need to roto or key it.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Nick Musisi
on Feb 6, 2014 at 11:31:57 pm

Thanks for the quick reply! Where can I find that plugin? Also your a mod on this site right? I've been reading it a lot and just decided today to become a member. Is there anyway to change the layout of the site? It's really unpleasant.

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:04:17 am

http://aescripts.com/ft-lens-distortion/

You know, one day my pictured just appeared at the top of the site, and I was like, well, that's pretty sweet. So I just keep answering questions as best I can, ha.

I'm not sure what you're looking to change in the layout, but I don't think there are too many options around that. I actually send everything to an RSS aggregator so I get new posts in that.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Nick Musisi
on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:34:19 am

Thanks! I guess I will have to play around with some light burst to get the effect right.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:31:41 am

See if this helps - http://cgi.tutsplus.com/tutorials/learn-how-to-create-chromatic-aberration-...

Cheers
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:17:51 am

You have already gotten a lot of help with this here:
http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119678

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Nick Musisi
on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:35:52 am

Well yes, but I never got an answer on what the effect was called which I got here! Doesn't hurt to ask multiple people :)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:37:24 pm

[Nick Musisi] "Well yes, but I never got an answer on what the effect was called which I got here! Doesn't hurt to ask multiple people :)"

It doesn't hurt you to ask multiple people, but it is considerate to those answering your questions to let them know that you've already posted your query elsewhere.

None of us are paid to answer forum questions (not even Todd, who has other responsibilities at Adobe), and it's no fun to take some time out of our day to try to help if you've already gotten a good answer from someone else. Of course, if you haven't gotten a good answer or have gotten an incomplete answer, I think most of us here would still be happy to fill in the missing detail.

It's also considerate to connect your threads for those who come after you with the same question and find it through search to be able to more easily aggregate the answers.

Cheers,

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Nick Musisi
on Feb 7, 2014 at 1:48:49 pm

I'll remember this! Thanks.

Return to posts index