ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects rendering on another computer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pece ZdravkovskiAdobe After Effects rendering on another computer
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 12:31:32 pm

I've searched for this thread but I can't seem to find it. So if it exists please direct me and if not I hope someone can answer.

I make my Adobe After Effects on my PC, but for rendering I'd like to use my another PC so I can continue work on my main computer.
How do I do that, since the project and it's files are saved on the main pc ?

And bonus question:

Is it possible to make two computers render one project?

Thanks, Pece

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Adobe After Effects rendering on another computer
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 5:10:49 pm

[Pece Zdravkovski] "I make my Adobe After Effects on my PC, but for rendering I'd like to use my another PC so I can continue work on my main computer. How do I do that, since the project and it's files are saved on the main pc ? "

With Lloyd Alvarez's excellent BG Renderer script [link], you can render directly to a movie or image sequence in the background while you continue to work on your same PC, with all kinds of options available.

With Ae CS6 and higher, you can cache your comp to disk in the background while you work on the same computer. Composition > Cache work area in background, or Ctrl+Return.

With Adobe Media Encoder CS6 and higher, you can drag and drop your Ae comp into AME (or File > Import After Effects Composition...) and use that to render and encode in the background.

If you want to render on a separate computer, you must network the two computers together and make sure the AEP project file and assets are shared. You can then use any of these methods as well as the usual GUI if you have a second license of Ae.

You could also use Network rendering with watch folders and render engines [link] to automatically render on your second machine. This method would also allow you to use both computers to assist in the render. You are permitted any number of render-only installs along with your regular Ae license.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Pece ZdravkovskiRe: Adobe After Effects rendering on another computer
by on Feb 6, 2014 at 5:17:56 pm

Thanks you helped me a lot. I think I'll choose the 2nd option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]