ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Trouble tracking camera for corner pin screen replacement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan TorresTrouble tracking camera for corner pin screen replacement
by on Feb 5, 2014 at 6:54:17 am

Hey everyone,

I am having trouble doing a screen replacement in after effects. I haven't had any issues tracking shots from other scenes in the project using Mocha AE but I can't seem to figure this one out. I need to corner pin screens onto computer monitors. They are really out of focus and I can only see two corners of the screens in the shots. The camera is handheld and everything that is in focus is moving.

Whenever I try tracking in Mocha AE I get a subtle drift throughout the entire track. I am a novice when it comes to using Mocha AE
Is there a better way to accomplish this task?

Here's a link to a screenshot of the clip:

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: Trouble tracking camera for corner pin screen replacement
by on Feb 10, 2014 at 3:41:20 pm

The AdjustTrack module in mocha AE is designed to fix drift and will be the tool to help solve this.

First, I would make sure that you are getting the best track data. mocha AE can track out of focus areas, just make sure to draw a shape around the monitor and any other elements on screen that are moving on the "same relative plane". There are many techniques to getting a good mocha solve and the most important is understanding what planar tracking is and how to take advantage of its power.

After you get a track, you use the AdjustTrack module in mocha AE (or mochaPro) to set secondary keyframes that are used to correct drift. I would recommend checking out some of these tutorials:

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved