ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Replace Footage in Mask Not Working CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason RefslandReplace Footage in Mask Not Working CS5
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 10:49:28 pm

I am by no means an expert on AE so forgive me if you see novice mistakes. The goal is to have these hexagons build into a honeycomb all the while playing the same video in each cell and of course when they come together the video in the background is revealed. I built the prototype without the final video footage and now that I have the footage I can't get it into the project.

Here's my issue:

I am working on an iMac using AE CS5. No matter what method I use to replace some footage I was using I can't get the new footage to show up inside the mask. It just disappears. I've attached some screen shots to help you visualize the problem.

Other people have described a similar issue but I have yet to see a resolution. I have tried reloading the old clip with the new one. I've tried replacing the footage via short cuts and via drag and dropping. I've tried setting the new clip to the same exact specs of the old clip, but nothing has fixed it yet.

Please help if you are able. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Replace Footage in Mask Not Working CS5
by on Feb 5, 2014 at 1:26:12 am

You may be having issues with AE's RAM cache which is refusing to be updated. You should first ensure that your new footage is of the same dimensions as the proxy that you used - this will preclude other issues that may crop up.

To solve the cache issues, you should go to Edit>Prefs>Media & Cache and Empty the cache folder.

Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved