ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cinema 4D & After Effects texture issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew HarmerCinema 4D & After Effects texture issues
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 11:01:47 am

Sorry if this has been covered else where but I couldn't seem to find an answer

I don't know if im just being stupid and missing something obvious but I have tracked my live footage in after effects and then exported this information into Cinema 4D where I have created some 3D text and used a wood material from the Cinema 4D preset folder, the text looks very nice with some nice shadows so I have saved this project and gone back into After Effects so that i can remove the plaine etc.

My issue is that the text in After Effects is just black, i can kind of see that there is some texturing going on there if cineware is set to software but its black and then if i change the renderer to software final it just changes from black with white lines to pure plack.

I am assuming that After Effects is not seeing my material that was added in Cinema 4D and i have no idea how to get it to show (if its at all possible)

I am still learning so Im hoping that its just something I am missing, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Cinema 4D & After Effects texture issues
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:27:22 pm

This sounds like a bug. I think that the CINEWARE renderer is somehow not getting the right path to the texture.

In C4D, File > Save Project with Assets. This will copy the texture out of the .lib4d bundle and save it alongside a new C4D file in a tex folder. Bring the new C4D file into Ae and CINEWARE should see the texture fine.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Ben PetersonRe: Cinema 4D & After Effects texture issues
by on Jul 28, 2015 at 11:56:56 am

Does anyone know if there is a better solution to this yet?

Return to posts index

Gabriel GhatchavaRe: Cinema 4D & After Effects texture issues
by on May 24, 2016 at 12:56:59 pm

Walter Soyka - already answered your question...

I had issue when I used objects from "Content Browser" cinema was rendering all textures fine, but after effect rendered all textured objects as Black (it ignores texture path as I understand, and uses only default "tex" folder path)

just save texture files in "tex" folder with your .c4d file and everything will be fine...or cinema will do this for you if u will reread Walter Soyka's post

Return to posts index

Antonio MarsRe: Cinema 4D & After Effects texture issues
by on Oct 14, 2016 at 7:56:29 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWER!!! it worked!!! My airplane is ready to fly now!! :))

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved