ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grirk PlongmakToggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction?
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:26:55 am

This question maybe stupid but I really need to know. TV commercial in Thailand are in Pal 25fps. So when I work in AE I alway use D1/DV PAL (1.09). My question is when I press Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction is this view the correct one? i.e. circle are circle not squashed ellipse shape to the eye and square are perfectly square to the eye. I've seen many commercials and some look correct when the toggle is on and some look correct when the toggle is off. What is the correct one? Thanks

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction?
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 12:18:46 pm

Sawadeekarp! In AE, you should always work in square pixel aspect ratio (PAR) comps. Then, if required to output to a non-square PAR, you nest your 'final' composition into a non-square composition and render.

There is a very good article from Rick Gerard here - http://library.creativecow.net/articles/gerard_rick/pixel_madness.php

HTH
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop -
http://www.broadcastgems.com/mographintensity_shapestext/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Grirk PlongmakRe: Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction?
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 2:25:50 pm

Kopkoonkrub! Thanks for the answer. So if I work with Pal Square pixel then the images or the footage I see should be correct. Circle will appear to be Circle. Is this correct? if it is correct then I assume that when I click the Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction in an D1/DV PAL (1.09) comp and the comp stretches out on the side is the correct view (Circle will appear to be Circle). If I get anything wrong please tell me. I will get to read the article. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:34:05 pm

You are right! As long as you work in square PAR, you don't need to check, using PAR correction. Well, perhaps only at the final step when you nest into a non-square PAR.

On a related matter, ensure that any graphics that you create in PS or AI are also in square PAR.

Cheers
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Return to posts index

Grirk PlongmakRe: Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction?
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:28:09 pm

Thank You very much RoRK!!! Now I can work with more confidence. You have been a great help.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2014 at 10:06:27 pm

You are most welcome. Having confidence in yourself and the software is integral to creating good stuff.

Cheers
RoRK
Latest AE Workshop - MoGraph Intensity - Shapes & Text

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]