ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is the name and cause of this glitch?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Outeiro
What is the name and cause of this glitch?
on Jan 31, 2014 at 6:15:04 pm

Good afternoon.

I´m having some problems and I wish you folks could help me find the solution to.

I rendered a 3840x720 video in After Effects. The render was made in Adobe Media Encoder with the following setup (h.264):

The render produces an OK file but when I uploaded it to my Digital Signage SAAS Media service, Navori, it makes some glitches:

Video Glitch

What´s the tecnical name for this glitch (fields?!) and what is the solution for getting rid of it?

Return to posts index

Doyle Lewis
Re: What is the name and cause of this glitch?
on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:03:27 pm

Kush's gauge suggests that you use a target bitrate of about 17.5 Mbps and a maximum bitrate of about 34.8 Mbps for full quality render at your frame size and rate, but you can probably get away with a target of 8.7 Mbps and 17.4 as your maximum. The point being that for the size of your comp i believe your bitrate is too low.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Feb 1, 2014 at 6:35:59 am

Are you referring to the horizontal lines that appear to cut through the image? That's usually called "tearing." It's a result of the screen refresh rate and the frame rate of the video being out of sync.

You see this more commonly in video games where there is a feature called "V-Sync" which locks the display of frames to the refresh cycle of the monitor to eliminate the tearing.

Here's some more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Daniel Outeiro
on Feb 2, 2014 at 8:39:45 pm

Thank you very much for both answers.

Darby, do you have any hints for getting rid of it?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Feb 2, 2014 at 11:41:13 pm

Use a video player that supports v sync and use a frame rate that divides evenly into the display's refresh rate (e.g. 30fps for a 60Hz display)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]