ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Getting Slider Shots Perfect in Post?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Nutkins
Getting Slider Shots Perfect in Post?
on Jan 31, 2014 at 4:46:23 pm

Hi there,

I'm working with footage filmed with a slider that is at times a little uneven in terms of the movement/timing and with a bit of shakiness on some shots.

Would it be easy to smooth these problems out seamlessly in AE (or different software)? Or should I start considering re-shoots with a motorised slider?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Getting Slider Shots Perfect in Post?
on Jan 31, 2014 at 5:31:06 pm

The shakiness can be corrected in AE using the Motion Tracker to stabilize the footage. As far as the movement and timing, that's a lot tougher. The Warp Stabilizer (AE6 - you don't say which version you're using)claims to be able to fix uneven motion, but I haven't tried it for slider stuff. It sounds as if you need a better slider, or better slider operator - a motorized slider will give you the consistency of motion you're looking for, but if you've got audio going on, there's sometimes a problem with motor noise.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Getting Slider Shots Perfect in Post?
on Jan 31, 2014 at 7:34:22 pm

I show how to make a dolly pan smoother using the Warp Stabilizer effect in this video:
https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/overview-of-warp-stabilizer-effect

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]