ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Reflection floor with a trapdoor issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John ShandReflection floor with a trapdoor issue
by on Jan 31, 2014 at 4:27:44 pm

Hi All,
I can't seem to get my head around this one. I have shapes that are falling towards a reflective floor. They hit the floor then a trapdoor opens and the items fall through. The reflections are fine except when the trapdoor opens and the items fall through. The reflections go in the opposite direction.

I want the floor to act like a mirror.

Here is a quick export of the problem:

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Reflection floor with a trapdoor issue
by on Jan 31, 2014 at 5:36:18 pm

I don't know exactly what technique you used to create your reflection, you rare going to need to provide more information on exactly what you did to for people to know how correct the problem.

Or you might want to check out this tutorial on creating reflections, it might help you out and get you pointed in the right direction.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

John ShandRe: Reflection floor with a trapdoor issue
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:39:31 pm

Thanks John,
really appreciate the feedback. I created the ball in newton and then created the reflection by duplicating the comp, flipping it and then added blur. This normally works fine for text or objects that don't go into negative numbers on the x-axis. This is why I found this tricky. Once it moves into negative numbers the reflection doesn't work. I will check out the video, it looks like the solution. Im sure the issue is that I'm faking a 3d reflection.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]