ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

PSD import into AE?: PS Shape Layers not getting imported as Shape Layers. wuwt?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric ChardPSD import into AE?: PS Shape Layers not getting imported as Shape Layers. wuwt?
by on Jan 30, 2014 at 10:33:11 pm

I have some PSD files with numerous Shape Layers in them, and on Import into AE/CC the Shape Layers are not imported as Shapes, they seem to be ... Solids with a Mask applied.

This is a problem because the line weights were all assigned in PShop, and replicating them would be a lot of work.

How does one get a PShop Shape Layer, with specific line weights, imported easily into AE?

Thanks

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: PSD import into AE?: PS Shape Layers not getting imported as Shape Layers. wuwt?
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 4:00:30 pm

This is actually news to me as I bring most of my artwork from Illustrator and that converts to shape layers pretty well as long as you know what your doing. Sometimes it doesn't convert very well, but I at least get my shape paths and can rebuild from there. Sounds like you might have to just rebuild it in AE. What do you mean by line weighting? Like brush shape thickness?

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]